Photos: Morocco, Part 2
31. A panoramic view of the leather tanneries in Fez, Morocco. (Click for a larger image.)
32. The many mosques of Fez from above at dusk.
33. A worker at the Fez tanneries prepares hides for softening and dyeing.
34. Leather rests in vats filled with colourful dyes at the oldest leather tanneries in the world in Fes, Morocco.
35. One of the doors to the Royal Palace in Fes, Morocco.
36. A close up view of the detailed metalwork on one of the doors to the Royal Palace in Fes, Morocco.
37. Natural chemicals like urine and feces are used to prepare the skins before they are dyed and turned into leather at the leather tanneries in the dyer’s souk in Fez, Morocco.
38. Children play football in a narrow alley in the Fez medina.
39. A panoramic view of labyrinthine Fez from a cemetery in the hills above at dawn. (Click for a larger image.)
40. A dyer treads on hides in one of the dyeing vats in the leather tanneries of Fez.
41. A woman walks through the blue-coloured medina of Chefchaouen, Morocco.
42. A panoramic view of Chefchaouen at dusk. (Click for a larger image.)
43. A man carries a child through the streets in Chefchaouen Morocco.
44. Two women wear blue-coloured clothing that matches the blue-tinted buildings of Chefchaouen.
45. The blue-coloured buildings of Chefchaouen at night.
46. A boy runs through the streets of Chefchaouen, Morocco.
47. Women return from shopping in Chefchaouen, Morocco.
48. The holy town of Moulay Idriss at dusk in Morocco.
49. The path to the Mausoleum of Idriss I in the town of Moulay Idriss.
50. Touareg men stand on the sand dunes near Zagora, Morocco.
51. A camel at dawn in the rocky desert near Zagora.
52. Camels walk toward a tent in the rocky desert of Zagora, Morocco.
53. The Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca Morocco – the largest in the country and the seventh largest in the world.
54. Arches on the exterior of the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, Morocco.
55. One of the bath houses in the basement of the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca.
56. The Hassan II Mosque glows through the mists in the evening in Casablanca.
57. An elderly man walks through the Place Hedim, the heart of the Medina in Meknes, Morocco.
58. A fountain in one of the courts in the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail in Meknes, Morocco.
59. The crypts below Koubbat as-Soufara in Meknes, Morocco.
60. Light filters in through a window in Merdersa Bou Inania in Meknes, Morocco.
Saharan desert sand near Zagora, Morocco. And for even more images from Morocco, have a look at my sandscapes from Zagora
If you are interested in seeing more images, please contact me and let me know what you need.
Leave a Reply