Spain’s cities overflow with culture and history. The architecture ranges from the mediaval and gothic to Gaudi’s wild, organic, modern shapes, to Calatrava’s science fiction marvels and all of makes for great subject matter. This gallery shows off some of those architectural delights from the cities of Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia and Zaragoza.
If you’d like to see more photos from Spain, click here to to see images from Valencia’s City of Arts and Sciences.
01. The Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar and the Puente de Piedra spanning the Ebro River in Zaragoza, Spain.
02. The view from the top of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar, in Zaragoza, Spain.
03. The Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar and the Puente de Piedra spanning the Ebro River in Zaragoza, Spain.
04. A man walks through the gothic quarter in Barcelona, Spain.
05. A construction crane rises over the Sagrada Familia Cathedral designed by Antoni Gaudi in Barcelona, Spain.
06. One of the sculptures on the Passion Facade of the Sagrada Familia Bascillica in Barcelona.
07. A spiral staircase descends one of the towers in the Sagrada Familia Cathedral.
08. A panoramic view of Barcelona at dawn. (Click for a larger image.)
09. Stylised vents on top of La Perdrera (also known as Casa Mila) in Barcelona, Spain.
10. The view upwards from one of the courtyards in La Perdrera designed by Antoni Gaudi.
11. The rooftop of La Perdrera/Casa Mila in Barcelona, Spain.
12. The view upwards from one of the courtyards in La Perdrera designed by Antoni Gaudi.
13. The Columbus Monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus near La Rambla in Barcelona, Spain.
14. A gothic bridge arches over the Carrer del Bisbe in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona.
15. The Magic Fountain of Montjuic and its colourful light show in Barcelona.
16. The Magic Fountain of Montjuic in front of the Palau Nacional in Barcelona, Spain.
17. The Palau Nacional at dawn in Barcelona, Spain.
18. Curving windows look out from Casa Batllo designed by Antoni Gaudi.
19. The unique architecture on the top of Casa Batllo which is often likened to the back of a dragon.
20. A white, arched room inside Gaudi’s Casa Batllo.
21. The architecture of the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art.
22. A mosaic-tiled bench on the main terrace of Park Guell looking towards the main entrance.
23. Curved, mosaic-tiled benches on the main terrace of Park Guell.
24. Curved, mosaic-tiled benches on the main terrace of Park Guell.
25. Building at the main entrance of Park Guell that resemble fairy tale gingerbread houses.
26. The colonnaded grotto in Park Guell in Barcelona.
27. Columns rise to the gothic arches of Barcelona Cathedral.
28. Shoes dangle from a wire while a woman carries her shopping in the distance in a back street of Madrid, Spain.
29. Buildings at the edge of Puerta del Sol in Madrid, Spain.
30. The courtyard in the entrance to the Museo Reina Sofia, a museum of 20th century art in Madrid.
31. A sculpture on the edge of the Royal Palace of Madrid looks out to the sunset.
32. A fountain in front of the Royal Palace of Madrid in the evening.
33. The main facade of the Royal Palce of Madrid.
34. A bronze statue of King Philip III at the centre of Plaza Mayor in Madrid, Spain.
35. The Teatro Real, an opera house in Madrid, Spain.
36. A view of Valencia’s Plaza de la Virgen from the top of Valencia Cathedral.
37. An ornately-decorated doorway is bathed in colourful light from a stained glass window in La Lonja in Valencia, Spain.
38. The old town of Valencia at sunset.
39. One of the entrances to Valencia Cathedral viewed from Almoina square.
40. A fountain at the centre of Plaza de la Virgen in Valencia, Spain.
If you are interested in seeing more images, please contact me and let me know what you need.
Leave a Reply