A strong economy backing up Singapore’s longstanding cultural diversity gives the island nation unique blend of colours and flavours. Influences from all-over east Asia mix in the food, the architecture and the people.
It has a reputation of being bound by rules and perhaps just a bit too stuffy, but the longer you stay, the more you’ll find exceptions to this rule. A vibrant youth culture thrives underground (sometimes literally) and gives the city a character that it’s sometimes staid outward appearance needs.
01. A panoramic view of the Esplanade and the skyscrapers of the Singapore city centre. (Click for a larger image.)
02. The Esplanade, also known as the durian in Singapore.
03. A detail of the roof of the Esplanade at night.
04. The Esplanade Theatres on the Bay performing arts centre in Singapore at night.
05. The Fountain of Wealth in Suntec City, Singapore, the world’s largest fountain.
06. The Fountain of Wealth in Suntec City, Singapore, the world’s largest fountain.
07. The suspension bridge at Palawan Beach on Sentosa Island, Singapore.
08. The CHIJMES complex, a dining and entertainment area that surrounds a gothic chapel, a former convent in Singapore.
09. Raffles Landing Site and the Asian Civilizations Museum on the North bank of the Singapore River.
10. A swimming white tiger at the Singapore Zoo – a bengal tiger without the normal orange coloring.
11. Ornithoptera Priamus Kasandra, a butterfly from Yepen Island in Indonesia at the Singapore Butterfly Park.
12. The Wheelock Place shopping mall on Orchard Road in Singapore.
13. The Merlion statue on Marina Bay in Singapore at night.
14. A lounge area at Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
15. The main entrance of Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
16. The skyscrapers of downtown Singapore at dusk.
If you are interested in seeing more images, please contact me and let me know what you need.
Leave a Reply