Photos: English Midlands
An area as broad as the English Midlands is naturally going to feature a bit of everything. The area’s churches and cathedrals frequently find themselves in my viewfinder due to their elaborate, soaring architecture. The charming cities and towns surrounded by idyllic landscapes represent the image a lot of foreigners seem to have about England: rolling, green hills and cute, old, little towns overflowing with character.
01. Looking up towards Lincoln Cathedral from Steep Hill in Lincoln, Lincolnshire.
02. Panoramic view of Lincoln Cathesdral and the square outside in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. (Click for a larger image.)
03. Flying buttresses supporting the sides of Lincoln Cathedral at night.
04. William Shakespeare’s Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire.
05. A bridge on the grounds of the Charlecote Park Country House, England.
06. Broadway tower, a folly built near the town of Broadway in Worcestershire.
07. The covered market in Chipping Campden, England.
08. William Shakespeare’s tomb inside the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon, England.
09. The Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, resting place of William Shakespeare.
10. The ruined abbey in Bury St. Edmunds with St. Edmundsbury Cathedral in the background.
11. The interior of Peterborough Cathedral in Cambridgeshire.
12. Abandoned millstones at Stanage Edge in the Peak Districk, England.
13. Abandoned millstones at Stanage Edge in the Peak Districk, England.
14. An abandoned millstone in the forest near Padley Gorge in Longshaw Estate, Derbyshire.
15. Burbage Brook flowing through Padley Gorge in Longshaw Estate, Derbyshire.
16. Burbage Brook flowing through Padley Gorge in Longshaw Estate, Derbyshire.
17. A colonnade at St. John’s College in Cambridge.
18. A girl walks up Trinity Lane in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK.
19. The elaborate arched ceiling of King’s College Chapel in Cambridge.
20. Punters crowd the Backs behind the colleges in Cambridge.
21. The Chesterton Windmill near Chesterton, England.
22. A panoramic view of Sandringham House, owned by the British Royal family in Norfolk, England. (Click for a larger image.)
23. Windows surrounded by gothic tracery glowing in the evening sun at Ely Cathedral.
24. Gothic arches in Ely Cathedral, Cambridgeshire.
25. The choir in Ely Cathedral, Cambridgeshire.
26. Burbage Brook flowing through Padley Gorge in Longshaw Estate, Derbyshire.
27. Wild mushrooms grow on a log in Longshaw Estate, Derbyshire.
28. Colourful leaves of autumn over a dry stone wall in Longshaw Estates, Derbyshire.
29. An abandoned millstone in the forest near Padley Gorge in Longshaw Estate, Derbyshire.
30. Burbage Brook leading down into Padley Gorge at Longshaw Estates in the Peak District, Derbyshire. (Click for a larger image.)
31. Giant gritstone rocks of Shelter Rock at Higger Tor overlooking the Burbage Valley in the Peak District, Derbyshire.
32. Morning mists recede from the Churnet Velley at the edge of the Peak District in Staffordshire.
33. Morning mists wash over the Roaches, a rocky ridge in the Peak District, England. (Click for a larger image.)
34. A misty and frosty morning on the Cheshire Plain viewed from Alderley Edge, Cheshire, UK.
If you are interested in seeing more images, please contact me and let me know what you need.
Leave a Reply