This isn’t the only site on the Internet you know. Here are some others that are worth a click.
General Photography | Photography Directories | Photography News | Photo Clubs and Associations | Photo Publications | Photographers | PhotoShop | Photo Contests | Travel | Friends | Random
Pictures makers: Go forth and mingle with your fellow picture makers!
- Photo.net – Photo.net has a bit of everything: an active community of photographers, reviews, tutorials, and countless fantastic photos.
- Nikonians – A great community for Nikon users.
- Luminous Landscape – Michael Reichmann has assembled some of the best tutorials for digitial photographers you will find.
- Strobist.com – Fantastic resource for information about flash photography.
- Ken Rockwell – Good galleries and tutorials.
- DCMag – News reviews and tutorials galore.
- PhotoSig – A good resource for anyone looking to improve their critical eye. In exchange for evaluating the images of other photographers, you may offer up your own work for appraisal.
- dg28 – Great tutorials on lighting.
- PBase – A handy photography community whose Camera Database will let you have a look at example files produced by most digital cameras on the market.
- Nature Photographers Online Magazine – “… an online resource dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.”
- Panoramas.dk – Superb 360-degree photography from around the world.
- Photography Corner – Forums and resources for photographers.
- Freelance-Market.net – Market resources for photographers.
If you can’t get enough photography sites, these link directories should help you satisfy your appetite.
Keep up with the latest developments in the world of photography.
- Digital Photography Review – Perhaps the finest source for news from the digital photography world. The reviews are as comprehensive as could be and the Buying Guide is an invaluable tool for anyone looking to purchase a new digital camera.
- Rob Galbraith – Photo tech guru Rob Galbraith dishes out news, reviews and tutorials.
- Digital Camera Resource Page – Another good source for news and reviews.
- The Imaging Resource – In case you can’t get enough digital photography news, here’s another link to some good news and reviews.
Photo Clubs and Associations
Time to get off the computer and meet some real people!
- Foothills Camera Club – An active club in the Calgary area that offers informative lectures and valuable field trip events.
- Calgary Photographic Society – Another Calgary-based club the CPS is smaller than the Foothills Camera Club and shares some of its members, but the more you can learn about photography, the better, right?
- International Freelance Photographers Organization – They offer useful programs for photographers around the world.
- RedEye – An active group of photographers in Northwest England.
- Picture Research Association – The PRA is an organisation for picture researchers, editors, photobuyers and other media professionals involved in the finding, commissioning and licencing of images. It publishes a newsletter, magazine, and has many services for professional researchers, including a register for freelances seeking work.
You know they print words on paper now, right?
Inspirational work from fellow shutterbugs.
- Daryl Benson – I saw Daryl Benson Speak in Calgary in 2004 and his photos were wonderful. His site will give you a full-screen pop-up window, so be warned. But his travel photography is worth a peek.
- Matthew Mahon – This is one of the more fun portfolio sites I’ve seen in a while.
- Dave Black – This simple site showcase some incredible sports photography.
- Michael Nichols – You aren’t likely to find better wildlife photography than this National Geographic veteran’s adventurous work.
- Danny Steyn – Professional Photographer Fort Lauderdale Miami South Florida.
The industry standard image editing program is a huge program and learning it all is half the fun of creating images with it.
- Photoshopnews.com – Detailed daily updates will keep you informed of goings on in the world of pixel pushers.
- Russell Brown – Sure, he’s a bit of a cornball, but his tutorials are incredibly useful.
Need an extra reason to go out and snap some shots? Maybe these contests can give you a little push.
- DPChallenge – A weekly contests always feature impressive entries and friendly competition.
- Fred Miranda – The weekly and monthly assignments at the community always serve as a good reason to get out an shoot some new material.
- Worth1000 – Frequent photo contests for participants of all levels. you’ll also find some fun PhotoShop contests here.
Go outside already!
- Lonely Planet – A great first stop when planning a trip, this site will give you an overview of pretty much any destination you can find on a map.
- Rough Guides – Here you’ll find yet more destination coverage as well as a decent forum for travellers.
- Outpost Magazine – Detailed travel articles for backpackers and independent travellers.
- BootsnAll – A handy travel portal, their Round-the-world Trip Planner is a fun way to fantasize about your ultimate vacation.
- Transitions Abroad – This magazine is a great resource for anyone hoping to work internationally.
- World66 – World66 is a travel site whose content is generated by its users: travellers. One of the more fun features of the site, however, is the Visited Countries section which will allow you to produce a map of the world highlighted with the countries you have visited.
- Travel Photographers Network – Travel photography articles, photo essays, competitions and a travel photography forum are some of the highlights here.
- The Practical Nomad – Advice on long term travel from Edward Hasbrouck.
- travelimages.com – Photo tours and workshops by John Baker.
- Japan Visitor – Tourist information for visitors to Japan.
Other photographers and stylists with whom I’ve worked.
If it doesn’t fit in some other category, it goes here.
- HostRocket – HostRocket provides my hosting services and I must say, they have been doing a fine job if it!